Tuesday 6 May 2008

Real Food Festival

I went to the Real Food Festival in London: www.realfoodfestival.co.uk
It describes itself as the largest farmer's market ever...

It was filled with farmers and their products from throughout the UK. Their idea is that they would subsidize, (through the attendance fee that the attendees pay,) small farmers in order to introduce their products and highlight the beauty of small producers.

It was heaven for me, as I tasted my way through sea salt from Whales, smoked salmon from Ireland, sparkling cider from 'the midlands' and had some fun food experiences.

One cider-maker after pouring a taste for me, actually walked me over to a cheddar maker and made me try the two together. Ahh, fun!

Another interesting display was a cooking class where they were using rabbit. The chef actually hunted and killed all of the rabbits the evening prior, himself. Then each of the people in the class had to skin and butcher their own rabbit. Hmmm - that's connection with your food.


All the pictures are here.

No comments: