Sunday 15 June 2008

Israel - trip #4 of '08 - May

Apologies for the drop off in posts - after a busy spell we had a month without any major travels - and I just put the blog on the backburner... playing some golf at OFM and enjoying just being around London...

A solo trip this time -- I've found a new hotel that I really like - right by the beach, off the main road (so quiet) and an easy walk to the Old Port - which, now that the weather is getting better, is a great place to go at night - with bars, restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing all right on the Mediterranean.

I took the overnight flight again, which is not really long enough to be a red eye... it is only 4.5 hours long, and when you land, after just having dinner a couple of hours earlier, it is difficult to feel remotely normal or upbeat.

The previous time I had been to this hotel they let me in to a room straight away so that I could take a quick shower, and then head out on meetings... this day I did not have any meetings until later in the afternoon - so I was excited to take a nap...until I was told that no rooms were available. They asked me to wait in the breakfast area or the lobby... but, while I love this sofa, I was not too excited to sit there for a few hours:
So I suggested that I'd wait in the business lounge - where I pretended to read the paper as my head was nodding and I slouched further and further down in my seat until being jarred awake when I would hear the electronic keypad code being entered - and the whole fake paper reading charade would then start again.

It was a good, but short trip - and I met my new colleagues at the local office there, to whom, I am guessing, I will be transferring my accounts and market knowledge as we continue to retool our structure in the post-merger world.

Just a few photos - it was very nice to get away from the regular rains we had been receiving in London - so here is a sunset from the end of the road by my hotel:


a view of the power station from the Old Port area:
a new bar / lounge that has popped up - built right in to the pier area:

and a view from the departure lounge, which, while it is small and can get a bit crowded, has some of the best food options available that I've had in a lounge...

No comments: