Monday 15 June 2009

Los Angeles

I traveled from the Orlando airport to Los Angeles and spent 9 days there for work. I was there to see the US version of the Microsoft conference I work on.

The rest and relaxation that I experienced in PVB quickly became a memory...but I was happy to be there, had fun with colleagues and was productive, but I was even more happy that I was meeting Lauri in Santa Monica for the weekend.

We stayed at the Huntley, 2 blocks from the ocean, and I started the weekend with a mani-pedi, and a nice long run on the beach.

We hiked up in Malibu, ate lovely sushi served by an aspiring waiter from Ronkonkoma who was excited about 'just being hired on to a movie' and who had a heavy handed pour with the white wine, ran, and met Laura Murphy a friend from high school, out for dinner with her husband.

We finished the weekend with a leisurely brunch at Shutters, a place I've never stayed at, but always wanted to. I will just have to come back.


After almost 3 weeks of being in the US, I was happy to return home with a suitcase filled with peanut butter, ziplock, Runners World and Vanity Fair magazines and some fun shopping purchases.

Nature sent me on my way with a small earthquake as I was waiting to board the plane.

No comments: