Tuesday 13 March 2007

Yawlrite? ::First week in the office::

hmm... are they asking me if I'm jet lagged? if I am feeling ok physically? (do I look sick? I feel fine...) or is it concern over how we are adjusting to being over here - with dodging cars that come at you from odd directions and 'minding the gap'... so the safe answer is "yes".

Then you hear "everyfing al'rite?" the next day...
Me >>"Yep, thanks." - right... it's actually a tough question to answer, with or without the 8 hour time difference.

next day::

"Yawlrite TJ?" --- ahhh -
>> "Yes, I'm well. How are you today?" -- and thats how it goes until you start to adopt it...

"Yawlrite TJ?"
>> "yes I'm alright - you alright, everything alright?" -- crap. that didn't quits sound awlrite at all when coming out of my mouth... it'll take some time.

Photos near the office (Tower Hill / Aldgate):

it is not falling down...


"The City" = Financial District or the equivalent of "The Street"



view from Tower Hill Tube Station
v

No comments: