Wednesday 4 April 2007

My First Round of English Golf

...happened to coincide with my first 'driving on the other side of the road' experience (except for the various scooter / mopeds in Bermuda years ago). What that taught me is that there is A LOT of traffic in London... hence the London Congestion Charge initiative that had its zone expanded at the beginning of March.

How was the driving? Let's just leave it with 'it had my full attention'...and 'shifting with one's left hand is fun'...and 'it was about as good as my driving was on the golf course' (shots off the tee for those non golfers out there) - which was really not bad at all (with a few 'tenuous' moments).

While not quite the Swilcan Bridge at St. Andrews, this was not a bad 18th hole setting... and I was pleased that my ball decided to use the bridge to avoid the stream that I did not know existed right where my tee shot would land - click to see larger view.


The course is Finchley Golf Club and to use my favorite Britism, was good value for money at £30.

Score... 81.

No comments: