Monday 16 April 2007

Weekend Update






It was that kind of party...dirty feet, barn animals, ping pong and sand boxes..... We helped celebrate the first birthday of Maggie Kahn. It was a party with a mixture of British and American couples, with about 6 children under the age of 1.

The day was the first time in months that I felt a bit like we lived in London. After the past weeks, recovering from the stress of Dad's operation and recovery, and all of the stresses of living in a new city - I've well, been a bit "grumpy." My sweet husband has been kind enough to put up with me, and comfort me. But I think anyone would grow a bit tired of me - I was a bit tired of me. Somehow this weekend, I feel as if a fog has been lifted. Being around people who have moved here, and made lives, and laughing about all the things we've encountered....was exactly what I needed.

I can begin to see that we'll be very happy here. 70 degree weather in April, and cupcakes help a bit.

No comments: