Thursday 23 August 2007

Wales


A week before Rob and Karen's visit, I was in Cardiff, Wales. In the European event-planning industry, cities host "familiarization tours" for people within the industry. The idea is to get event-planners and people in the face-to-face marketing industry to come to their city for a visit, in hopes that they will plan an event there.

So- I was invited to visit Cardiff. The only catch- spouses were not invited. As much as I love traveling with TJ - I accepted the invitation and was excited to travel for the weekend by myself.

I was most excited about this trip - due to my new interest in Rugby. TJ has claimed football, (soccer,) and I have taken on rugby as my new UK sport. And my chosen team is Wales. Cardiff is the home of Welsh rugby, and a part of this trip was a tour around Millenium Stadium.

It's truly the best stadium for watching sport that I've been to. The view from the top seats is as spectacular as if you're on the 'pitch' (rugby term for field, see, I do know what I'm talking about.) I look forward to going back and seeing a game.


We also went for a boat ride and saw the Welsh coastline. It was my first time seeing a "lock" where they control the water level between the bay and the sea. Our boat went down and then up by 14 feet due to the difference in water levels due to the heavy rains.

I went for an amazing long run in the park - and really love cities that have big parks as they add so much to 'city life'. I loved Wales and we'll definitely go back.

More pictures are here.

No comments: