Sunday 15 February 2009

quick horn tooting...

At the end of my first full season of playing at Old Fold Manor Golf Club I managed to take two of the 'major' tournaments played throughout the year...

The Jubilee Trophy
This post is not meant to be a 'look at me, I won' -- just wanted to show / share -- one of my goals had been to make sure that I won one of these events while playing at a UK club so that my name gets added to one of the wooden boards throughout the clubhouse for posterity - and I got to bring home the trophies for a month (which adds an unnecessary challenge/responsibility to our efforts next weekend when we 'move flats')
The National Playing Fields Salver

so - now that the 09 season has kicked off (unofficially as its been the coldest and whitest winter on record for 10 years +) - its back to it again hoping that I have some good play and good fortune in this year's events.

the OFM awards dinner...

No comments: