Tuesday 7 July 2009

Peterborough

I competed in a regetta up in Peterborough, (about an hour and a half drive north from London.)
It was a 'typical English summer weekend', quite different actually from the sunny and warm weather we've been having.


We went up the night before and stayed over in a little hotel right on the 'river'. The course was a man-made one - specifically for 1,500 meter rowing races.
It was a day filled with standing in the rain, cheering on the other SONS women and men teams. We had 3 boats entered, our womens novice 8, a womens senior 4, and a mens senior 8. That's right - I am a senior. Well I will be once I lose my 'novice' status.

Senior....Novice. Novice....Senior. Hmmm....being a novice is not too shabby.


We won our first race (qualifier,) and it was the first time I've been in a winning boat. Actually all of our teams won the qualifying race - just not the finals. We got creamed in the final!

All in all, after arriving back home at about 10pm on Saturday night, a hot bath and a huge Sushi meal - I was smiling about the experience. We'll get 'em next time! Senior....ha!

No comments: