Friday 17 July 2009

Old Fold Manor

It is the Open Championship week - and if anyone is wondering if we have the same weather in London... either those guys are all weenies, or the climate really is that different between coastal Scotland and south east England... The latter is probably most likely (it feels like summer here) even if they seem to be overreacting with winter hats, etc up there...

I had been thinking that I needed to bring a camera out on the course for months, and never did - but then when the adjacent farm decided to attack me with airborne allergens, I thought I might as well capture the cause because while it caused me to sneeze maybe more than I ever have over a two week period, it looked great (when I was able to see through my itchy eyes)...

a small gorse bush in bloom (nice to look at, but evil when the ball ends up near/in them):

the green at the 5th... a short hole, but with a brutal green (I recently fired a second shot right off of the gate in the brick wall just behind the green (and made par)).

Bridgman hitting his second into the 8th from the right hand side of the rough:


the 8th green he was targeting:


the 'all-clear' bell on the 9th fairway:
the 11th, a downhill dogleg right par 4:


and I think it is great that all water hazards in the UK must have life preservers... par tof 'Health & Safety" regulations:


no trophies to hoist yet in the 09 campaign... but I'll keep at it.

No comments: