Wednesday 28 October 2009

August.

In August - I got to spend the day with my nephew August. He came down with my brother and as the weather did not allow for a day at the beach, my mom planned a day out at the Riverhead Aquarium.


He had a great time - and I had the biggest thrill as I got to carry him in from the car and put him down for his afternoon nap. Ever since we first met, he seems to look at me with recognition (or that is just my self-centered view of things.) As we don't get to see each other that often, it really is important to me that he knows who I am, and how very much I love him.

As I was putting him down in such new surroundings he seemed to nod at me like, "ok, if you say so." He woke up laughing because during his nap he had lost a sock. It's the little things...

1 comment:

Robert said...

Don't worry, he knows exactly who his "Auntie Rachel" is, somedays you and TJ are all he talks about.