Wednesday 18 August 2010

Last trip in June....Berlin

The last bit of my travels in June after Jackie's wedding consisted of a quick trip to Fire Island Saturday morning, a train to Philadelphia Saturday afternoon, dinner with our friends Daniella and Drew and a stop off at Caitlin and Jim's wedding Saturday night. Sunday we had breakfast with the Church and Dillon families, then went to Charlie's first Phillies game, and then flew out.

TJ went home to London, I took a quick shower in Heathrow's BA lounge, and then flew from London to Berlin for work.

We had a site visit of the venue for my event in November and the venue set up a fun evening of World Cup watching in Berlins FIFA fan area. The weekend before, there were over 100,000 people at this venue watching Germany play. We were there during a Brazilian game, so it was a bit more tame.








I was tired, and a bit ready to 'go home' to London....but some how this last bit of the trip reminded me of why I like living where we do and made me ready to be here.

No comments: