Saturday 24 November 2007

Curry Wedding November 3 2007 - DC & Bethesda

My first return steps on US soil since the end of January were on November 2nd - when I went back for the wedding of our friends Ed Curry and Amity Wall.


I first met Ed when Mike Wilson asked me to try to convince him to move to San Francisco from New York when we both worked for Red Herring - and we became fast friends there - as well as in the post Herring days.

I had last seen Ed and Amity 2 nights before we left SF - when Rachel invited some of our friends out for my birthday at Kokkari - which was a very fun evening.

Their service was on a picturesque autumn day at Annunciation in Washington DC...


from there we set off on a tour of DC in a 'trolley bus' - which was actually quite fun as it had been quite a few years since I had been in DC, and over all the years/time spent there I had never really done an official tour.

The reception was at Kenwood Country Club - and was a great venue for a wedding event - and my enduring memory of the wedding may well be from later in the evening downstairs at Kenwood's 'duck-pin' lanes..

No comments: