Saturday 24 November 2007

My New Friends


As soon as I knew that I was going to be able to attend Ed and Amity's wedding I wanted to try to extend the trip to the DC area a bit so that I could catch up with some of my very best friends that I had not been able to see for a while... and to meet a few new little friends for the first time.

While in DC I stayed with Andrew and Puffin, and it was great to see their home and to meet my new buddy Cecelia - who went to the golf shop with us, played at Reg & Joe's house, and allowed me to share the back seat of mommy's (or daddy's) new car next to her car seat.

Reg & Joe were kind enough to include me in their Thanksgiving dinner - and it was great to see them, their kids, and Peter - as well as their brand new puppy who may or may not still be named Ramses:
Andrew and I got in one round of golf - and then I headed south to Richmond and the Hammitts...
the aspiring photographer
It was great to see Craig and Rebekah - and to meet their little guy Will... We were all able to spend a good amount of time catching up with their both being kind enough to take a bit of time away from work, and they also hosted a great dinner which was so much fun to catch up with other great friends from college - Sarah, Grady and Mary.... it had been way too many years since I had seen them - and it was so great to be able to spend some time with them and their families... hopefully it will not be as much time between visits in the future.

Will, Jack, and Anna

Before heading back to Dulles I had to make a pilgrimage back to my favorite sandwich place - Bernie's, which is just a few doors away from Bubba's Barber Shop - where I had my hair cut for four years...

Bernie's has not changed.. at all... and that is the way it should be. I even placed my order with the same woman! Fantastic.

No comments: