Monday 25 January 2010

Working Long Island...

During our holiday visit to New York, we had a few visits with family and friends. We met Aunt Cathy for a quick drink and catch up.

And then headed to Stacia and Doug's new home to see them, Karen and Justin and 'the girls'.

It is amazing to see how much they grow each year - not only in size but in personality. It's very sweet to see them all become friends as they share birthday sleepovers like we did, (I still clearly remember ones in Karen's basement.)


They showed us the latest fashion trends, (skinny jeans, Uggs and Abercrombie t-shirt or hoodie,) and amazed us with their energy levels. I still remember holding Emily when she was only a few days old.

Karen and Justin were the first among us to get married and start a family and meeting Emily for the first time was an emotional thing for me. I remember thinking, 'when will I ever meet my husband?' and 'how will this ever happen for me'.

Visiting with TJ answered a big part of those questions and I cannot wait to see the growth next year! (As well as get some fashion tips from those in the know.)

No comments: