Sunday 10 January 2010

My Grandfather

We went to an enclosed farmer's market in Stockholm in part to go to Lisa Elmquist, a fish restaurant that had been recommended. I am a huge 'meal' person when traveling. Hunger does not play into my plan - 3 meals must be consumed. In part because I love food and believe it's one of the best ways to learn about a culture and in part because I love restaurants and love seeing their menus and design.



This market was perfect. Lots of fish, lots of fresh produce, definitely some place I could see would be perfect to stop in on a Friday night to pick up things for a nice dinner.

We did stop at Lisa Elmquist and enjoyed platters of pickled herring. Amazing.

While there, I sat near this older gentleman that looked exactly like my Grandpa (Gramps) Lawson. Enough so, that I had to take pictures of him on the sly.



Later that night, I called my mom. I didn't tell her about the sighting, but she was excited that we were in Stockholm and told me how much my Grandfather had loved it. He tried to convince my grandmother that they should move to the city after playing here a few times.






Hearing that gave me goosebumps, and I was very comforted knowing that I had lunch with my Gramps in a place that he loved.

No comments: