Thursday 18 March 2010

Wintery Wonder

It was a true winter, both 'back east' and here in London. We loved seeing the snow in Manhattan over Christmas and came back to a white London after our holiday travels.


TJ came back to London first, and I stayed another week in New York to be with my dad for a heart procedure. Once back in mid-January, the streets were white and it was cold...I couldn't wait to get out in the Heath to see the glory.



A good long walk in the cold air did wonders for my jet-lag and helped me put the experiences of the past week with family and friends into perspective against the chaos of a flat filled with the clutter of un-packed suitcases.

(Where would I put all of that peanut butter?)

I truly giggled as I found this woman walking her path from one side of the Heath to another. Her enviable daily commute, conducted stylishly in pink Wellies and covered by a pink umbrella.








The snow stays longer in Hampstead as we are higher than the rest of London. The sidewalks were covered with snow and ice, making everyone walk in the streets. I had a few slip-and-slide episodes coming home from the tube, and TJ resorted to wearing Merrills to and from work.

I loved it and the coldness of the entire winter. It was quoted as the coldest winter in 30 years. We were warm and snug in our flat and enjoyed a few weeks of being home, not traveling, resting and relaxing. A lovely way to start the day, and a solid start to my New Year's resolution.

No comments: