Wednesday 7 April 2010

Charlie's Baptism


We recently went to New York to celebrate Charlie's baptism. TJ was honored to be the godfather and we couldn't wait to celebrate the big day!

My dad had some health issues right before we left, so I was comforted knowing that I could go out and see him on Long Island. It was also comforting to have such a fun celebration to balance emotions.

We had a fantastic dinner to celebrate Kevin's birthday on Friday night at Flex, (mussels.) We got in quick visits with Jen and Ben Fink, and Laura and John Charecky.

Saturday morning I got up and went for a run around the reservoir. The big Nor'Easter was just hitting and I found myself at first dodging the big puddles. It was a battle to get around, with pelting rain and winds....I wound up taking a 'spiritual leap' - and literally started running through the cold puddles on purpose.

The storm created havoc as flights were canceled, (flights that would have carried grandparents to celebrate the big day,) and trains stopped, (I had to 'hitch' a ride back into Manhattan with kind strangers.) But it was not a match for the baptism and celebration - it was joyous day!













Getting to know Charlie is THE BEST! He is incredibly sweet, quick to laugh and has an amazing quiet inquisitive way of looking at things. He is so good natured - and handled the whole weekend of events, outfit changes and relatives picking him up and constantly touching him with nothing but smiles, giggles and cute noises.

Waking up and hearing him 'talking' and laughing in the morning may quite possibly be my favorite way of starting the day. My best-day-ever scenario would include breakfast with Charlie, and a lunch-time adventure outside with August (followed by Auntie rest time in the afternoon!)

Congratulations Charlie! Thanks Kerry and Kevin!

1 comment:

Robert said...

What a handsome little man.